What is Safaricom home fibre?
Before we look at how to pay for Safaricom home fibre service, let us find out what it is. Also called SAF-HOME it is an internet connectivity offering from Safaricom Kenya Limited. Saf-home is one of the largest providers of Internet connectivity for homes in Kenya.
How much does Safaricom Home fibre cost?
The service comes under four different tariffs ranging from 5Mbps to 40Mbps. In this piece, we will look at the different ways to pay for your Safaricom Home Fibre subscription.
On top of these normal packages, Safaricom also offers Fibre plus which comes bundled with additional mobile data, SMS and call minutes. There’s also the option to purchase home insurance alongside your Home Fibre package.
- Bronze 5Mbps – KES 2,900
- Silver 10Mbps – KES 3,999
- Gold 20Mbps – KES 5,699
- Diamond 40Mbps – KES 11,499
- Home Fibre Plus:
- Bronze 5Mbps + 2GB mobile data + 100 minutes + unlimited SMS – KES 3,400
- Silver 10Mbps + 4GB mobile data + 200 minutes + unlimited SMS + Parental control feature – KES 4,999
- Gold 20Mbps + 4GB mobile data + 200 minutes + unlimited SMS + Parental control feature – KES 6,699
- Diamond 40Mbps + 4GB mobile data + 200 minutes + unlimited SMS + Parental control feature – KES 12,499
How to pay for Safaricom Home Fibre
Pay saf-home using Safaricom App
- If already installed go to Safaricom app
- Select Home Internet
- Select Safaricom Home Fibre
- your tariff is listed and you can strike pay or change the tariff
Pay saf-home from the cooperative bank app
- login to your mco-OpCash app
- go to bills
- selective internet
- select home fibre
- fill in your account details
- the service costs sh50
Pay Saf-home using M-Pesa paybill
You can pay for your subscription through Lipa na M-Pesa paybill number 150501, use your account number, and then input the corresponding amount and pay.
Pay Saf-home using USSD
Paying through USSD is done by dialling *400#, selecting option 1 to pay, then selecting your package and proceeding to either complete your payment automatically via M-Pesa or Bonga Points.
Pay Saf-home using a credit card or debit card
At present, you cannot pay your Safaricom home fibre online using a credit card. To pay Safaricom home fibre using a credit or debit card you have to visit a Safaricom customer care shop.