Avoidance is the best and first line of treatment.
- During the rainy season when the Nairobi fly is prevalent, close all doors and windows before it gets dark.
- Sleep under a mosquito net.
- Make the lights outside brighter than interior ones.
- If you see one crawling on your skin, blow it off or use a piece of paper to remove it from your skin.rather than brushing it away with you your hands. This reduces the risk of crushing it. You can also use a piece of paper to remove it from your skin
Should you suspect you have crushed a Nairobi fly against your skin:
- avoid touching your eyes.
- Wash your hands
- Wash the affected area with water and soap immediately.
- Apply a topical steroid
Check for the beetle around lights especially inbedrooms ceilings before going to b